Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84683members
354037posts

Cannot use apc sua 1000xl please any clue

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Cannot use apc sua 1000xl please any clue

This question was originally posted by Paul on APC forums on 3/17/2015

i have move tO live in Indonesian country, currently i have ups apc sua 1000xl. When i plugged the power cords tO the outlet power i got the led of site wiring fault become blink and stay tO red. in the first sign i Know it could be the voltage range probably caused the problem. So i try tO buy a transformer voltage stabilizher which is same brand apc le 1200i. but when i try tO use it i still have the red light from led of site wiring fault. I am confused right now because i have follow the guideline about voltage range problem.

fYi:indonesian voltage range is 220-230v. My ups is for american voltage range Which is 110va.

Is anyone here can help me tO solve the problem? many thanks tO try to help me.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Cannot use apc sua 1000xl please any clue

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/18/2015

Yes, it will work if you somehow feed your North America UPS 110-120V using a transformer to step down 230V to 110-120V. It won't work without something like that is what I meant. At the end of the day, the UPS requires 110/120V so if you can provide that, it will be fine.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/17/2015

Hi,

Site wiring fault is explained here. This link would also apply to Smart-UPS: http://www.apc.com/support/index?page=content&country=ITB〈=en&locale=en_US&id=FA158817 

Site wiring fault is more to indicate a wiring issue with the outlet your UPS is plugged into, not so much a voltage issue.

Note also a UPS designed for North America won't work properly when fed 220-230V. You'll need to get a UPS that is designed for that operating voltage range. That wouldn't relate to the site wiring fault.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Paul on APC forums on 3/17/2015

Hello Angela,

thanks to try tO help ke WITh This problem. According tO your explaination. 'Won't work properly', is it still not working even if i use step-up/step-Down/ voltage transformator tO stabilized THe current voltage to the UPS?

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/18/2015

Yes, it will work if you somehow feed your North America UPS 110-120V using a transformer to step down 230V to 110-120V. It won't work without something like that is what I meant. At the end of the day, the UPS requires 110/120V so if you can provide that, it will be fine.