Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84241members
353342posts

Ecostruxure Power Commission hangs at startup.

Power Distribution and Digital

Join experts & peers to learn, share and engage about the key trends of electrical distribution around safety, availability, efficiency and connectivity, as well as power standards & regulations. From design to implementation and operation, let’s discuss how digital and software are transforming your business and your day-to-day work.

Solved
Dave_Trenaman
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Ecostruxure Power Commission hangs at startup.

No luck running EPC 2.25 on my corporate SE laptop. Get past the single sign on but app just hangs on the splash screen. Progress bar at the top advances then retreats, advances then retreats. Tried running as admin but same behaviour. Re-installed a few times. No installation errors. 

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
EPC_Leader
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Ecostruxure Power Commission hangs at startup.

Hello Dave

As I installed that release in my corporate laptop few days ago without issue, I thing you should have a laptop configuration issue ( memory, firewall conf, DD free space, internet com,... ), I advice you to contact the IT dept to solve the issue.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
EPC_Leader
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello Dave

As I installed that release in my corporate laptop few days ago without issue, I thing you should have a laptop configuration issue ( memory, firewall conf, DD free space, internet com,... ), I advice you to contact the IT dept to solve the issue.

Tags (1)
Dave_Trenaman
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Not RAM - 32GB

Not DD - 100+GB Free space on SSD

Not CPU - 6 core i7

Fast internet.

App goes through auth with IDMS  and then hangs. Appreciate you can't give support for SE corporate IT security, I suspect they will say the same about EPC. Any logs or error traces the app might create that I can troubleshoot? Any known ports EPC uses?

Thanks

Tags (1)
EPC_Leader
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hello Dave

I don't understand why IT support doesn't want to help,  but in my side I can give you the email adress of our EcoStruxure Power Commission technical team :

fr-ecob-fi-globalsupport@schneider-electric.com

Regarding the log error managment, we have a specific function providing all the log files in one clic in the EcoStruxure power Commission home page, very usefull for our technical support, but to have access, you have to pass the installation step 

Best regards

Tags (1)
Dave_Trenaman
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

but to have access, you have to pass the installation step 

I think there is a misunderstanding. EPC is fully installed. No observable installation errors. The issue is when I start the app, I log in using single sign on, authentication is successful and then the app hangs. 

Thanks for passing along the email. Before I open contact support,  I was hoping to do some info gathering on my end. Does EPC produce any error logs? Does EPC have any special network requirements like ports it needs open? Does EPC have any special privilege requirements like running as administrator? 

Tags (1)
EPC_Leader
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hello Dave

The answer to your question :

Does EPC produce any error logs?

YES, but reachable on the home page

Does EPC have any special network requirements like ports it needs open?

No

Does EPC have any special privilege requirements like running as administrator? 

No, but time to time we can have some IT constaint blocking the installation or the running of the soft.

Tags (1)