Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84820members
354275posts

Serial-Port Security

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Scott_MCN
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Serial-Port Security

Hello,

Is there any documentation which illustrates the security of serial connections to the ION Meters?

I'm working with a small utility which is looking to give customers access to their revenue meters through the serial port. The utility is connected via Ethernet and would like to understand if there is any way in which a serial connection could be used to gain access to, or compromise, their network. 

They require solid documentation that shows how and why this shouldn't be an issue; they have advanced security enabled and use strong, non-default passwords, but would like to know for certain that it is a safe decision. 

Accepted Solutions
Fabricio
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Serial-Port Security

Hi @Scott_MCN , can you reach me over E-mail so we can discuss what type of document would be applicable for the customer. We can also go over more details of what they are trying to do and what are their concerns.

My E-mail is Fabricio.ribeiro@se.com 

Thanks,

Fabricio

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
Fabricio
0 Likes

Re: Serial-Port Security

Hi @Scott_MCN , can you reach me over E-mail so we can discuss what type of document would be applicable for the customer. We can also go over more details of what they are trying to do and what are their concerns.

My E-mail is Fabricio.ribeiro@se.com 

Thanks,

Fabricio