Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84607members
353883posts

Power Quality Events - ION Meters

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Gavin_Bryson
Commander | EcoXpert Master Commander | EcoXpert Master
Commander | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Power Quality Events - ION Meters

Hi,

We have installed ION9000s, ION7650s and PM8240s on a customer's UK site and German site. Some PQ events have occurred, transients, interruptions, sags, swells etc.

However, when I review the logs on the meters via PME, some of the meters stopped logging events maybe a month or 2 months ago in some cases.

Does anyone know why this would be occurring? Do I have to do something with the ION meter's onboard memory? I thought older PQ events were overwritten with new PQ events whenever memory was at capacity?

Would anyone be able to offer any advice?

Kind regards,

Gavin

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard

Re: Power Quality Events - ION Meters

Hello @Gavin_Bryson ,

One item to watch out for when upgrading meters, the default template that is shipped with firmware file does not have sag/swell enabled. If user had meter configured, did not save the template before upgrading and just used the default template, the sag/swell module after upgrade will be the default state (disabled).

Regards,

Charles

L4 Prime for Advanced metering and Utilities

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
GordErickson1
Cadet
0 Likes

I would start by checking the waveform/data recorders settings. They could be set to STOP-WHEN-FULL rather than CIRCULAR.

Tags (1)
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard

Hello @Gavin_Bryson ,

My be good to describe what you mean by "meters stopped logging events" For example, no new records in the meter's event log, or events in the event log but no waveforms, Waveforms but no event data, sag/swell logged details but no event. Would also be good to know a bit of history of the meters, did they have firmware upgrades and/or new templates pasted?

Some items to check

a) Setpoints for the events are correct, eg, nominal voltage, voltage modes etc

b) Event priority in modules is above eventlog threshold (default is 5)

c) Module is enabled, some modules have both a setup register and/or input that could be linked to activate/deactivate a module

If pasting a template/framework onto a meter is it possible 1 or more settings got changed that would deactivate the module in question.

For more exact troubleshooting for a specific meter I would recommend contacting technical support (se.com->support->contact support)

Regards,

Charles

Tags (1)
Gavin_Bryson
0 Likes

Thanks @GordErickson1 I will check how the Data Recorders have been configured

Tags (1)
Gavin_Bryson
0 Likes

Thanks @Charles_Murison , apologies for the limited information. We haven't modified any frameworks on the meters. The firmware would have been updated with the recommended firmware updates circulated last year.

The information was shared with me in a Teams call, visibility was very poor. I will be connecting remotely sometime this week and hope to get a better insight on what is happening with the meters.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Tags (1)
Charles_Murison
Picard Picard
Picard

Hello @Gavin_Bryson ,

One item to watch out for when upgrading meters, the default template that is shipped with firmware file does not have sag/swell enabled. If user had meter configured, did not save the template before upgrading and just used the default template, the sag/swell module after upgrade will be the default state (disabled).

Regards,

Charles

Tags (1)