Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84686members
354042posts

PM8000 meter Grounding

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
WuKong
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

PM8000 meter Grounding

Hi my friends:

My customer asked me about the grounding of the PM8000 meters. Since the power supply doesn't have ground, how do we ground the meter? For CT/PT we can rely on the external ground.

Thanks,

Rongjun Yao

Accepted Solutions
DanL
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: PM8000 meter Grounding

The PM8000 is a Class II or double insulated device and does not require a safety ground itself.

External CT secondaries and PT secondaries connected to the PM8000 must be grounded (as shown in the PM8000 installation guides).

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appliance_classes#Class_II

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
DanL
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: PM8000 meter Grounding

The PM8000 is a Class II or double insulated device and does not require a safety ground itself.

External CT secondaries and PT secondaries connected to the PM8000 must be grounded (as shown in the PM8000 installation guides).

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appliance_classes#Class_II