Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84824members
354277posts

Is there a list of approved CT's and VTs for use with ION8800 meter ? My customer's application will range from LV up to 232kV

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

sesa208484_brid
Crewman Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Is there a list of approved CT's and VTs for use with ION8800 meter ? My customer's application will range from LV up to 232kV

My customer is considering using ION8800 rack mounted meters with their mobile generator sets in a modular substation environment.

Does Schneider have experience with/access to a list of approved CT's and VT's ranging from LV up to 232kV ?

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
Yut
Captain
Captain
0 Likes

Re: Is there a list of approved CT's and VTs for use with ION8800 meter ? My customer's application will range from LV up to 232kV

Any accepted CT and VT from project owner would be OK. We have installed hundred of ION8000s  here with many brand of VTs and CTs mostly ranging from  69kV to 500kV.

sesa189395
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Is there a list of approved CT's and VTs for use with ION8800 meter ? My customer's application will range from LV up to 232kV

Hi Alan,

Did you receive any further responses elsewhere to resolve this question?

Patrick Wilkerson

Sanjeet Sahota

sesa50168

Hi Alan -

From the meter manufacturing perspective, we don't have a list of preferred CT & PT manufacturers, except of course in the LV range, where we have our own range of CTs.  When using a high end meter, such as an ION7650 or 8800, generally the customer or consulting engineer will specify the CTs and PTs.  Our primary recommendation is to use metering class devices.