Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84483members
353701posts

ION8650A Power Meter Module 1 second readings calculation

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Michael_Neas
Ensign Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

ION8650A Power Meter Module 1 second readings calculation

I am running the Voltage and Current values from the power meter module, amongst others, into the sliding window demand module to take an interval average. I'd really prefer to take the HS, but it won't let me because the swd is low speed. The question is, are the values out of the 1 second power meter module the value at that instant, or is that the average over the course of that second?  Or maybe something else?

We are using these values in a power quality analysis application, and need average steady-state data that is sampled often. 

1 Reply 1
sesa56307_bridg
Lieutenant JG Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: ION8650A Power Meter Module 1 second readings calculation

The HS Power Meter Module provides one-cycle voltage/current RMS values, updated every half-cycle.  The (1s) Power Meter Module provides one-second voltage/current RMS values, updated every second.

Put another way, the (1s) Power Meter Module effectively does an RMS aggregation of all the HS values that were measured during that second.  So it does account for all measured samples during each second, although the algorithm is an RMS aggregation rather than a mathematical average.

Best regards,

David