Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84746members
354178posts

How to connect to an ION7550 directly using iON setup3.0

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa287810
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

How to connect to an ION7550 directly using iON setup3.0

I have connected an iON7550 using a usb-rs485 converter directly to my laptop. I have tried to connect this one meter as a single device and I have tried to connect as a network. I want to capture the historic voltage highs in a meter.

I have tried to connect via an EGX100 with both iON setup and PME and cannot communicate with the meter at all. I have the meter set to protocol Modbus RTU @ 19200 and 8N1. I have tried changing the protocol to iON and still does not connect. Note there is no Ethernet port on this meter. I can however read holding registers using a Modbus scanner with both serial and Ethernet/gateway connections. Why will it not work with PME or iON setup??

Accepted Solutions
sesa186702
0 Likes

Re: How to connect to an ION7550 directly using iON setup3.0

Dear Chantal Farrelly,

For your case, You should change the protocol of Serial port  to ION protocol to connect direct it to IONSetup or PME

IONSetup just support ION protocol for direct connect...Otherwise (Modbus protocol), you just can use EGX Gateway to connect it

Best Regard

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
sesa186702
0 Likes

Re: How to connect to an ION7550 directly using iON setup3.0

Dear Chantal Farrelly,

For your case, You should change the protocol of Serial port  to ION protocol to connect direct it to IONSetup or PME

IONSetup just support ION protocol for direct connect...Otherwise (Modbus protocol), you just can use EGX Gateway to connect it

Best Regard