Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84588members
353854posts

Egx300 SMTP with SSL support!

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
Abdel
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Egx300 SMTP with SSL support!

Hi dear Experts,

Sending Energie reports via email from egx300 ist a very important function. In Germany all Providers accept only secure SMTP using SSL, what doesn't supported by egx300. therefore

many customers want to switch to others concurrent products. Is there any solution in sight to implement that? It will be great to have a work around

Could you please tell me, who is responsible for EGX300 developement? we risk to lose many Customers!!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Abdel
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Re: Egx300 SMTP with SSL support!

Hi all,

on the new Firmware for PM5560 it is now possible to send email on alarm (very nice!), but without SSL support and only 15 character can be used as Username.

See Answer In Context

10 Replies 10
JamesJeanette
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Hello Abdelatif...My name is James Jeanette and I am the Offer Manager for the EGX300.  Thank you for the question.

I would like to bring in our engineering () to help address this.

From my limited knowledge on SMTP using SSL...couldn't you change the Server TCP Port to 465?

Dan_Wall
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Hi Abdelatif, you've got him - James Jeanette.

Abdel
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Thank Dan and James,

@james : Only changing the port will not solve the problem, Egx300 should encrypt sended data, and that musst be implemented in the Firmware.

:

JamesJeanette
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Understood...engineering is looking to see what would be needed to make this happen. 

In terms of your business...is this a new requirement for German providers to only accept SMTP with SSL?

- FYI on SSL for SMTP in EGX300

James

Abdel
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yes, after the NSA scandal, Germany Providers are setting up an Alliance named" email made in germany" to make emails more secure. The first step was to activate SSL on their Servers.

JamesJeanette
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Okay...thanks.  I'll let you know what can be done.

- FYI

LaurentCoene
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello!

Out of curiosity: why don't you use HTTPS (HTTP with SSL) rather than SMTP? In most countries, we never used SMTP (because it's so unsecure as you know), but also because it can be painful to setup (ports needs to be open, ISP needs to authorize to ensure it's not spam, etc....)

Typically we don't have these problems with HTTPS.

The other thing you could do is to connect your EGX300 to a GPRS router with a private APN, or use a Com'X200...

(few ideas to unblock you for now until R&D brings you the new feature!) 🙂

Abdel
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Thanks Laurent,

this is a customer requirement! and i don't have any influence on That.

LaurentCoene
Captain Captain
Captain
0 Likes

haaaa! I see! Thanks for answering! 🙂

Abdel
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hi all,

on the new Firmware for PM5560 it is now possible to send email on alarm (very nice!), but without SSL support and only 15 character can be used as Username.