Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82624members
350264posts

EM4300 Just for Buildings?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

michael_franz
Admiral
Admiral

EM4300 Just for Buildings?

TEAM:

Is there a gateway from Schneider that allows data from EM4300 meters to be read by PME or is this strictly a building product?  Since it does Zigbee it can be integrated with an MPM that translates to BACnet for an Automation Server or Enterprise Server software.

However we cannot find a Schneider device that translates the Zigbee into either ION or Modbus for PME to use.  Would it not be nice if PME added BACnet to its protocols?  BACnet is fraught with intrigue for the newly initiated but is loved by many BMS people.

NOTE:  A Com'X can be fitted with Zigbee.  It appears that csv files can be pushed form the Com'X to PME for historical data.  Am fuzzy on this and if live data can be viewed.

Michael

4 Replies 4
Yu_Diao
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: EM4300 Just for Buildings?

I think ComX510 with a proper dongle can talk with Zigeebee.

Sent from my mobile device.

michael_franz
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

Will this do live data or just push csv historical?

Yu_Diao
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Not sure. Already pinged my colleague who just did a project using Zigbee.

Sent from my mobile device.

sesa283561_brid
Cadet
Cadet
0 Likes

Yes, the ComX510 with the Zigbee dongle and configured properply can communicate Zigbee. It can then be added in PME and will display live data just like any Modbus device.