Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84398members
353587posts

Can our VarPlus Logic control shunt reactor for leading power factor?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa191869
Schneider Alumni (Retired)

Can our VarPlus Logic control shunt reactor for leading power factor?

subject says it all!

Accepted Solutions
sesa47073_bridg
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Can our VarPlus Logic control shunt reactor for leading power factor?

For this kind of leading power factor application, the best solution is still AccuSine PFV+. AccuSine PFV+ is design for this leading power factor. We should promote AccuSine PFV+ to customer that's experiencing leading power factor due to new SMPS design of servers, etc.

As for using VPL for shunt reactor, I'm not sure about it.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
sesa47073_bridg
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Soo-Yul LEE​, do you mean can VPL set the PF target to leading power factor? If that's your question, then the answer is yes, the setting range for target PF setting is 0.7 leading to 0.7 lagging.

sesa191869
0 Likes

To rephrase my question, the customer wants to use APFR to control shunt reactor when it is leading power factor. So I would like to know if VPL can meet this application.

sesa47073_bridg
Lt. Commander

For this kind of leading power factor application, the best solution is still AccuSine PFV+. AccuSine PFV+ is design for this leading power factor. We should promote AccuSine PFV+ to customer that's experiencing leading power factor due to new SMPS design of servers, etc.

As for using VPL for shunt reactor, I'm not sure about it.

sesa287322_brid
Cadet
Cadet
0 Likes

Hi, The only solution is the active filters PFV +. Using a VPL regulator will not achieve the objective.