Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84690members
354060posts

Can a pm8000 send metermail?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
DCarlson
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Can a pm8000 send metermail?

I see that a PM8000 meter can send historical logs via email. What format does it use? CSV or metermail or another?

Documentation or an example file would be helpful

Thanks

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Yut
Captain
Captain

Re: Can a pm8000 send metermail?

Please take a look in the ION Reference manual, Log Exporter.

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
Yut
Captain
Captain

Please take a look in the ION Reference manual, Log Exporter.

DCarlson
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Yut,

The ION Reference Manual doesn't say that the PM8000 sends metermail. I should have been clear, can you point to a document that says that the PM8000 sends metermail?

Thanks

sesa70148
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Hi Donald,

The PM8000 user manual refers to this as the email messaging feature. The Internal Email Client Feature technical note has details. It looks like the format of the data log export is xml.

DCarlson
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Christine,

How do you know that "email messaging" is the same as "Internal Email Client Feature" aka metermail? The technical document doesn't reference the PM8000 meter.

DCarlson
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Well, I got access to a PM8000 meter and once I logged into it with ION Setup, I found that I could access it just like an ION meter and then add a Log export module. I guess that answers the question.

Hal_Etheridge
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

In general if one ION meter supports a given function then any other ION meter with the same ION module will work the same.

The ION Reference applies to *all* ION devices except where explicitly noted or there are obvious physical hardware differences - for example I5 is present only on certain devices so that register and corresponding calculations will be missing on devices that do not have that physical input.