Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

shelf

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

shelf

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Syed Usman on 2016-07-07

I find out surprising thing, I don’t understand why in some APC Racks I can put shelf and then two or more small devices with help of Shelf at same place. It was working very smoothly but today this is not working? Do you have any updates or this is just me who have facing this problem.

Quickest response will be really appropriated 😉 

(CID:106209318)

8 Replies 8
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: shelf

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Niels Kjeldsen on 2016-07-08

Hi Syed

I have not noticed any changes to the shelfs. Which version are you running? Have you recently upgraded to 8.0? How is it not working?

Best,

Niels

(CID:106209379)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-07-08

Hi Syed, I've just tested this both on DCO 7.5 and 8, I can easily add a Shelf (or shelves) to rack without any problem. Perhaps the U position is already occupied. Would you mind to share some screen captures illustrating the issue? If I could have the steps to reproduce, then I will try it again, I can also take a look at your solution if I may have a backup file (shall I share a box folder with you?). Kind regards

(CID:106209391)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Syed Usman on 2016-07-12

Hi Jef, Thanks for you reply. Attached you can see what i mesan...for me its nor working and i am using 7.5. BR, Syed

error shelf.png

(CID:106209639)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Syed Usman on 2016-07-12

One thing more...If we put for example RJ45 port device in any row (or over shelf) and we change the physical size it doesn't work either ;( I tired in many others way but same problem.

(CID:106209640)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2016-07-12

Hi Syed,

Many thanks for the shared image. As illustrated in the following screen capture I had no problem adding equipment to shelves (in DCO 7.5),

I have added a "small" patch panel to one shelf, two different sized Generic servers to the next shelf, and one "smaller" patch panel to the third shelf. The network connection between the patch panels worked fine for me as well:

Maybe the reason why it is not working for you, perhaps the equipment shelf mounting option is not enabled yet (right click the equipment > Properties > Mounting):

You might also want to visit the following page, that contains a detail description of adding equipment to shelves:
Adding Rack-mountable Equipment to the Room Layout

Kind regards

(CID:106209766)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Syed Usman on 2016-07-13

Hi again thanks for your reply 😉 but i still have same problem...i dont understand why? but i think its could be best option if we communicate through Skype? or any other software so i will share my screen with you...

still_problem.jpg

(CID:106209818)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Syed Usman on 2016-07-13

Last week it was working totally fine but i dont know what happen this week.

(CID:106209819)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.