Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84598members
353864posts

searching gnomes

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

searching gnomes

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Tim Polnow on 2017-06-01

We have DCO 8.1 and searching for gnomes is difficult.

Example searching for AP8888. Yes, AP8888 is in both libraries.  When I type in 8888 or 888, the search does not list anything.  It will list the AP8888 genome in the global genome library.  If I type just 88, then all devices with 88 in the name are listed including the AP8888.  This happens when searching other devices also.

(CID:119638162)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: searching gnomes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-06-02

Hi Tim,

I have added AP8888 to my Genomes (from Genome Library), and when I type 8888 in the Search box, then my search is successful both for Genome and Genome Library:

would you mind to share a screen capture illustrating the issue, thanks.

Kind regards

(CID:120129554)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: searching gnomes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-06-09

Hi Tim (Tim Polnow)

The cause of the Genome search issue is now located in your kindly provided solution. In the custom catalog there is a bundle without name.

As illustrated, if we assign a name to bundle in the category Genomes -> Storage -> Spectra Logic, then we will be able to search again:

Kind regards

(CID:120132447)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.