Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84461members
353665posts

SOAP API Not Connecting

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

SOAP API Not Connecting

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stine Hansen on 2016-08-02

Asking on behalf of Nicholas:

I am trying to get all asset tags from all servers in all rooms and their corresponding IP and/or name. I first want to get all server rooms and I am having no luck. I have followed the Youtube video posted here: with the URL: http://[IPAddress]:80/isxo/webservices/equipment/InventoryWebService-v2?wsdl I have also tried using Invoke-WebRequest and New-WebServiceProxy via powershell and I keep getting different behavior, none of which give me all server rooms!

(CID:106891427)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: SOAP API Not Connecting

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by nmulvihill on 2016-08-04

I finally got it to work with PowerShell. I will post my solution for anyone who may need it in the future! $URI = 'http://[IP Address]:80/isxo/webservices/equipment/InventoryWebService-v2' $cred = Get-Credential $proxy = iwr -Uri $URI -Credential $cred -Method POST -infile request.xml -ContentType "text/xml" [xml]$result = $PROXY.Content The request.xml will just contain the XML content of what you would like to do, copy and paste from here: Inventory web service calls

(CID:106892073)

See Answer In Context

6 Replies 6
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2016-08-03

Hi Nicholas, Stein

I assume DCO 7.5 - not v8.  When I have issues with SoapUI it's usually

• I have neglected to put correct UN & PW
  • The UN doesn't have access to the API
  • The URL is wrong, port or IP

I see you're using v2.  Any reason why such an old version?  Can you try v8?

Cheers

Ed

(CID:106891518)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Kresten P. Vester on 2016-08-03

The http://[IPAddress]:80/isxo/webservices/equipment/InventoryWebService-v2?wsdl url returns the wsdl for the SOAP API.

When calling the API you want to use the url http://[IPAddress]:80/isxo/webservices/equipment/InventoryWebService-v2.

What are the different behavior you are getting when using PowerShell?

Btw. there actually is a v9 of that API

(CID:106891543)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by nmulvihill on 2016-08-03

I am now getting it to work on SOAP API, but I would much rather use powershell. When I create a proxy with the wsdl and try to call $proxy.getAllServerRooms() i get an error about 0 arguments. This method does not need arguments?? [xml]$response = $proxy.getAllServerRooms() Exception calling "getAllServerRooms" with "0" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server" $proxy = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri $URI -Credential $cred At line:1 char:1 + [xml]$response = $proxy.getAllServerRooms() + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebException When I try to Invoke-WebRequest I get either a InvalidOperation error or a "cannot send a content-body with this verb type, if I use a get request. iwr -Uri $URI -Credential $cred -Body .\request.xml -Method POST iwr : <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode>... reading XMLStreamReader.</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope> At line:1 char:1 + iwr -Uri $URI -Credential $cred -Body .\request.xml -Method POST + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-WebRequest], WebException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand

(CID:106891630)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Kresten P. Vester on 2016-08-03

I have no experience with PowerShell. It looks like the error you are getting in your first example is "Unable to connect to the remote server". It looks like the information about 0 arguments is not the error. If the proxy is generated based on the wsdl be aware that the port is hardcoded to 8080 in the WSDL. The SOAP services only works with POST requests to my knowledge.

(CID:106891634)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by nmulvihill on 2016-08-04

I finally got it to work with PowerShell. I will post my solution for anyone who may need it in the future! $URI = 'http://[IP Address]:80/isxo/webservices/equipment/InventoryWebService-v2' $cred = Get-Credential $proxy = iwr -Uri $URI -Credential $cred -Method POST -infile request.xml -ContentType "text/xml" [xml]$result = $PROXY.Content The request.xml will just contain the XML content of what you would like to do, copy and paste from here: Inventory web service calls

(CID:106892073)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.