Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84808members
354265posts

SNMP Device Configuration - copy template?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

SNMP Device Configuration - copy template?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Martin Gaciarz on 2017-10-10

Regarding SNMP device configuration templates within DCE: is there a way to make a copy of an existing configuration template?

I have an existing template that I would like to make some tweaks to and save as a different template.

I suppose I could factory reset a device, configure it with that template, and then get the configuration of that device and save it as a new template, but...  I would have to manually select the configuration items I care about (again) and this seems pretty clunky..

(CID:126162241)

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: SNMP Device Configuration - copy template?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2017-10-10

Hi Martin,

If you have a template in DCE and want to edit that template, there is an edit template option:

If you have a config.ini that you want to save in DCE as a template, then you will need to go the clunky rout of uploading it to a blank device and creating a template based on that device or an edited version thereof.

Steve

(CID:126162254)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Martin Gaciarz on 2017-10-19

I guess what I was saying is that I have a template in DCE and I want to make a copy of that template that I can then edit.  The idea being that I want a template that's similar to my existing one but with some settings tweaked and I wanted to do that without manually recreating it from scratch.

(CID:126165764)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2017-10-19

Hi Martin,

Yes, I understand. I'll show you what I'm suggesting:

I don't have a template so I first have to create one. Here I'm creating one with the following settings:

I named it Martin-1

Now I go in to edit a template and find Martin-1. 

I hit next and see the info

I change the link display for link 3

You don't necessarily have to change it but I did and I tested it without changing anything.. Now hit next and it allows you to save it. If you change nothing, it is an exact copy:

So now if I go in to edit the template or configure a device with a template, I have both available:

In this case, Martin-copy is the same as Martin-1

Steve.

(CID:126166031)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.