Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84753members
354181posts

PuE calculation in DCO not working

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

PuE calculation in DCO not working

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrew Stoakes on 2018-05-23

I have 2 ION 7550 PQM meters as the incoming meters to the Data center and APC PDMs that supply all rack PDUs in the white space.

If I enter static values in the DCO “Power In” section in the PuE configuration then I get the expected result, PuE is measured and displays.  

As soon as I change the “Power In” part of the equation to look at the ION 7550 kW TOT value then the calculation fails, PuE=0

I have tried changing the multiplier from 1 to 1000 making all values watts not kW, same result PuE=0. As I sais above, as soon as I use the values from the ION meters then it fails. I have tried creating a virtual point using the kW TOT value from the 2 ION meters in DCE and using that as the “Power In” value. CO reads the value correctly but the PuE value is still 0

Any ideas?

(CID:131964172)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: PuE calculation in DCO not working

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrew Stoakes on 2018-05-24

So heres the thing. Over the past week or so I have tried with out success to set this up.

To answer you question i have added the same sensors that i have added more then 10 times before...

For whatever reason this morning, it works!

Will monitor over the next few days....

Power In Point 1 = ION-a 7550 = kW Tot

Power In Point 2 = ION-b 7550 = kW Tot

IT Load = Virtual Point

(CID:131964795)

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-05-23

Andrew,
Wondering if you are seeing the device power value(s) in DCO, would it be possible to share screen capture showing the "Planning PUE/DCiE Configuration" (you might want to mask any sensitive info such as IP address).

Kind regards

(CID:131964295)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Andrew Stoakes on 2018-05-24

So heres the thing. Over the past week or so I have tried with out success to set this up.

To answer you question i have added the same sensors that i have added more then 10 times before...

For whatever reason this morning, it works!

Will monitor over the next few days....

Power In Point 1 = ION-a 7550 = kW Tot

Power In Point 2 = ION-b 7550 = kW Tot

IT Load = Virtual Point

(CID:131964795)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-05-24

Hi Andrew,

Nice to hear that it's working, many thanks for the update.

Kind regards

(CID:131964841)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.