Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84267members
353371posts

Netbotz 450 unable to get ping on network but able to access locally

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Netbotz 450 unable to get ping on network but able to access locally

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Nisar Ahmed on 2019-04-29

Dear Team,

please if someone could help me by telling that i have a netbotz 450 device configured with sms and email notifications and m unable to get a ping of device on network LAN although all the LAN setting are ok but m able to connect to device locally by directly connecting it. On network its not getting ping but directly m able to ping and connect to device.

Thanks for your kind support

(CID:143263579)

2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Netbotz 450 unable to get ping on network but able to access locally

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2019-04-30

Hi Nisar,

It is unusual for the device to boot enough to serially connect but to not connect to the network. I will say that ping is not always the best way to tell as many networks block ping. 

Are the LEDs on the network jack of the device on / blinking?

Have you tried a different network cable?

Have you reset the appliance to defaults (configreset - k-base FA158175 )?

When you connect serially, make sure it fully boots and does not reboot by itself.

If it is configured with e-mail and SMS, it must have been on-line at some point. Find out what changed...what may have happened.

Connect with a laptop directly. Set up the device and laptop so they they have similar configurations. I usually use something like a 192 address and use each device's IP as the gateway for the other device...something like this:

device IP - 192.168.1.1

Device gateway - 192.168.1.2

Device mask - 255.255.255.0

Laptop IP - 192.168.1.2

Laptop gateway - 192.168.1.1

Laptop Mask - 255.255.255.0

If the above works, the customer needs to troubleshoot the network.

Steve

(CID:143264012)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.