Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84531members
353779posts

Netbotz 450 Event log pages

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Netbotz 450 Event log pages

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Dominic Brasted on 2018-09-12

The manual for the Netbotz 450 says that "The Event Log can hold ten pages of data (with each page limited to 64K of data)." However, on our Netbotz I only seem to be able to see one page (which when full holds 64K of text).

Is there something I'm missing, or is the documentation wrong? We're running firmware version 4_6_2_20171031_1416, which is the latest available as far as I can tell.

(CID:134030904)

8 Replies 8
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Netbotz 450 Event log pages

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Justine Chester on 2018-09-13

Hi Dominic,

Good day!

The appliance event log that the Netbotz Appliance User’s Guide specified can be accessed from the Advanced View Software under Tools-> Appliance Event Log (see screenshot below).

By experience, it takes time for the event log to fill page 1. The image below has events from last year up to the present, and we have not gone past the first page:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Justine Chester

(CID:134031098)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Dominic Brasted on 2018-10-08

Justine, I think I need to clarify my question. My "appliance log" only shows one page. Is it supposed to show more?

(CID:134680579)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Justine Chester on 2018-10-09

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your reply. Your appliance event log can show up to 10 pages. However, if there are not enough events to fill the first page, we will not be able to move to the 2nd page.

The image that I shared describes that our Netbotz appliance has been up and running since last year (the dates listed are in July 2017), and has not yet filled page 1.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Justine

(CID:134680746)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Dominic Brasted on 2018-10-09

Justine,

My Netbotz has an "appliance log" and an "appliance event log". Your screenshot is of the "appliance event log". Can you tell me if the "appliance log" is supposed to show more than one page?

(CID:134681198)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Justine Chester on 2018-10-10

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for your reply.

The appliance log from the Netbotz in our lab holds 544 lines of entries which was logged today.

Unlike the "appliance event log", the appliance log entries are limited. If getting all the appliance log entries is needed, our recommendation would be setting up a Syslog server and can configure the appliance to post log data to a remote Syslog server.

When the Syslog functionality is enabled, all events stored in the Audit Trail are also forwarded to a remote Syslog host for logging to a user-specified Syslog facility.

To enable logging of events to a remote Syslog host:

1. In the Hostname field, enter the IP Address or Hostname of the remote Syslog server.
  2. If the remote Syslog server is using a port other than 514 for Syslog communications, enter the port number in the Port field and click OK.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Justine

(CID:134681485)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-10-07

Dear Dominic Brasted,

Tell us, please, did you solve your question or not?

With respect.

(CID:134680011)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Dominic Brasted on 2018-10-08

I did not. I will respond to Justine.

(CID:134680571)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.