Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84292members
353414posts

NBRK0570 powers on and switches back off

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

NBRK0570 powers on and switches back off

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mashwiz on 2016-05-18

Hi Team,

I am not sure if anyone here has experienced this, I have a NetBotz 570 which powers on and switches back off repeatedly. I can hear the relay inside switching, this therefore doesn't allow the NetBotz time to boot in order for me to login to the appliance.

This is the second NetBotz am seeing this and I can't actually seem to find the remedy for this.

Regards,

Felix

(CID:106204237)

10 Replies 10
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: NBRK0570 powers on and switches back off

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-05-18

Hi Felix,

Is this unit plugged into 120v? 230v? Has this just begun happening? Have you done any troubleshooting such as disconnecting pods, trying a different power source, disconnecting network jack, etc? How old is the unit? Is it under warranty?

If you've tried different power options and disconnected other things that could themselves be helping cause this issue, it is likely the unit needs replacing. 

Steve

(CID:106204242)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-05-18

Hi Felix, What region are you in? Have you spoken to tech support directly? If so, to whom? Do you have a case#?

(CID:106204252)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mashwiz on 2016-05-19

Hi Steve, Apologies for the late response as the site is outside the country and I have limited access to the internet. This is connected to an APC Switched Rack PDU with 230v, I have removed pods, sensors and modem but still has the same issue. Actually what happens is that, after removing the power cord for a while, on plugging in it works fine for about 5 to 10mins but then it begins switching on and off until I plug the power cord off again for a while. This problem started almost 1hr after installing the NetBotz for the first time. I had to upgrade the netbotz to v4.5.0 from it's default v4.3.0 just to confirm it's not a hardware issue but then I am convinced it's the hardware issue. I am from Kenya but the site is in Ethiopia, I haven't talked to any tech support yet and equally don't have a case#. I am yet to do this when I get back to Kenya as I had to be sure of the issue. Thank you. Regards, Felix

(CID:106204344)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-05-19

Thanks Felix, I't looking like it should be replaced and if you could ask the tech support rep to see if he can get it replaced and get the old unit back to me, I'd like to see if I can send it on to our engineering team. Note this thread if necessary. Steve

(CID:106204345)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hi Steve, Thank you for your prompt response, Ethiopia is really frustrating to move goods in and out of the country. Nevertheless I shall do my best. I also mention we have another NetBotz 570 in stock back in our Kenya office. It had the same issue just before I left for this site should I do the same for it? I was hoping to check on it when I get back but now I feel I have options left. Regards, Felix.

(CID:106204346)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-05-19

Hi Felix, If you have done similar testing, I would think it's a similar issue as well. Steve

(CID:106204347)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Hi Steve, Well noted and thank you. Regards, Felix.

(CID:106204349)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mashwiz on 2016-05-28

Hi Steve, Thank you, I did receive the warranty unit only that I am not sure the procedure to follow in transfer of the current NetBotz Device Monitoring Pack license from the faulty NetBotz to the new warranty NetBotz. Regards, Felix

(CID:106205157)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mashwiz on 2016-06-09

Hi Steve, Thank you, I was assisted on the transfer of the license and now everything is fine. Regards, Felix.

(CID:106206088)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.