Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

Manage inventory from web client

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Manage inventory from web client

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steve Witucke on 2018-02-28

It appears from my reading of the release notes that the Windows Mobile device AP9700S has been/is going to be depreciated.

The web client doesn't appear to have any way to add new inventory to a room. We had planned to use the web client to replace using the windows mobile devices with an iPhone or an iPad. 

Is there any way to add new inventory using the web client? 

(CID:128761694)

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Manage inventory from web client

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Anders Thorbjørn Jensen on 2018-02-28

Hi Steve Witucke

The DCO Web client is able to add servers to a Rack just like the Windows Mobile device used to be able to do. So my take would be that your plan to use iPhones and iPads - would work just fine as long as we talk about adding equipment to a rack,

/Anders

(CID:128761699)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steve Witucke on 2018-02-28

Ok, so I can add new inventory to a rack, but from what I'm reading I cannot add or move from a rack to a store room? 

(CID:128761705)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Brian Meade on 2018-02-28

Steve,

Unfortunately you cannot move an item into the store room directly. However, I developed a work around that I think may work for you. You will want to do the following. 

• Create a rack with plenty of U-space. The software maxes out the U-space at 255 U-positions.
  • Secondly, you will want to name the rack something relevant like storeroom rack 01.
  • Then you will want to place that rack into your store room. 
  • At this point when you would like to move something into the store room using the web client you will double click the rack in the web client to view the equipment and U-positions in the rack.
  • At this point you will want to click "compare" above the rack you are viewing .
  • A new menu will open up. Under "filter" in the search field look for the rack you added to the store room.
  • At this point simply drag and drop the equipment your would like to add to the store room into your "Store room rack". When the rack is full or whenever you have time you can then just move the equipment from that rack and place it in the actual store room. 

If you need any assistance or need to run through this let me know I am free this Friday 2/27/2018. Sorry, for the inconvenience. I will submit a feature request for you to inquire if a more direct solution can be added to the software.

(CID:128761724)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.