Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84804members
354251posts

Low superheat warning

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
Eitan
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Low superheat warning

I have been getting this warning from my ACRD602P unit.

It's an hot aisle POD, this unit is 1 of 2 units in that POD.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Valentin_Kozlov
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Low superheat warning

Hi!

You need to paid attention to your cooling unit.

A low or zero superheat reading indicates that the refrigerant did not pick up enough heat in the evaporator to completely boil into a vapor. Liquid refrigerant drawn into the compressor typically causes slugging, which can damage the compressor valves and/or internal mechanical components.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
Valentin_Kozlov
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi!

You need to paid attention to your cooling unit.

A low or zero superheat reading indicates that the refrigerant did not pick up enough heat in the evaporator to completely boil into a vapor. Liquid refrigerant drawn into the compressor typically causes slugging, which can damage the compressor valves and/or internal mechanical components.

Tags (1)
Muhammada
Cadet
0 Likes

How's it going guys. Got a question for you. When checking subcooling, you read the pressure from the outlet of the compressor, convert that pressure to temperature, and then subtract the temperature of your liquid line leaving the condenser, right? I have a unit that I'm working on, r-22, and my head pressure is currently sitting at about 400 PSIG. the temp of my liquid line about 6 inches away from the condenser is floating around 112 degrees Fahrenheit. So I have about 40 degrees of subcooling apparently.

We are afraid to add any refrigerant right now because our head pressure is so high, but the suction line coming back is lukewarm, about 68 degrees, so maybe the head pressure will go down once the compressor is actually getting some cooler refrigerant back and we're not starving the evaporator? Can anyone help me out here? Thanks! OneVanilla Login

Tags (2)