Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84399members
353588posts

IP Address Of Discovered Nodes

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

IP Address Of Discovered Nodes

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Todd Walters on 2019-01-23

It was advertised in DCE 7.6.0 that you can now change the IP of a discovered device w/o losing any data.  Does anyone know how to accomplish this?  I tried changing the IP on the network card interface, but had to rescan for the device and start over. 

(CID:138808931)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: IP Address Of Discovered Nodes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2019-01-23

Hi Todd,

After you change the IP on the card itself, you must then go to the SNMP Device Scan settings for that device and change the IP listed there:

You should not have to rediscover the device. This is new to 7.6 and I've tested myself with no issue.

Thanks,

Steve

(CID:138808939)

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2019-01-23

Hi Todd,

After you change the IP on the card itself, you must then go to the SNMP Device Scan settings for that device and change the IP listed there:

You should not have to rediscover the device. This is new to 7.6 and I've tested myself with no issue.

Thanks,

Steve

(CID:138808939)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Todd Walters on 2019-01-23

That worked.  Thanks.

(CID:138808952)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jackie Lehr on 2019-01-23

Thanks, Steven Marchetti!

Todd Walters, I added a page to the documentation for this. Change the IP address of a discovered device

Thanks for helping us improve!

(CID:138809005)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.