Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84400members
353590posts

Dco 8.2.12 integration with BMS (EBO 1.9)

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Dco 8.2.12 integration with BMS (EBO 1.9)

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sameeh ahmad on 2019-03-29

Hi,

Can Dco 8.2.12.integrate with BMS (EBO 1.9) via EWS?

What AI know is that, the only way for this integration will be via ETL and in this case the EBO should install a report server with SQL server so that we can extract data from SQL, anyone has an experience with integration like this ?

BR,

Sameeh

(CID:141268643)

6 Replies 6
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Dco 8.2.12 integration with BMS (EBO 1.9)

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2019-03-29

We did a few SBO to DCO via EWS, mainly to get power and temperature data in data center.

e.g sensor data can be associated to rack PDU for measured power, temperature sensor etc

Do contact CSP team Søren Bruncke Mikkelsen and Rune Østergaard for the ETL required to consume EBO data (per explained above) via EWS.

(CID:141268773)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sameeh ahmad on 2019-03-31

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply, but what I understood before is that I have two options for integration from (EBO) to (DCO) :

A) Either via ETL ( and in this case I need to create tranformation file to extract data from source (EBO) then load it to the target system (DCO).

2) Or,  via EWS and in this case there is no need for extra work or ETL( sucah as consuming data from DCE to EBO) please correct me if I am wrong.

BR,

Sameeh

(CID:141268971)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christopherus Laurentius on 2019-04-01

The ETL is to pick up data from SBO/EBO via EWS. 

I don't think DCO can consume EWS directly.

(CID:141269011)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Stine Hansen on 2019-04-29

Hi Sameeh ahmad,

Did you find an answer to your question?

Thanks,

Stine

(CID:143263577)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mike Stacey on 2019-05-01

Sameeh

You are correct that DCO does not support EWS directly. The EWS integration method would be with DCE and then DCE feeds DCO. Data can be brought in via ETL to DCO also as you have pointed out.

(CID:143264878)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.