Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84486members
353706posts

Data Center Expert (DCE) 7.3.1 Backup failed <Permission denied (13)>

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Data Center Expert (DCE) 7.3.1 Backup failed <Permission denied (13)>

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Sergei Okhlopkov on 2018-07-12

I am trying to run backups of Data Center Expert 7.3.1 to a windows share.   It test mounts successfully, and when requested to run a backup,  I get the message that backup failed.  On the server log I get number of errors with

"" Permission denied (13) ""

What Am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

(CID:132664339)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Data Center Expert (DCE) 7.3.1 Backup failed <Permission denied (13)>

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-07-13

Dear Sergei Okhlopkov,

Unfortunately, to help you, there is not enough information about the Windows-resource that you want to use for DCE-backup. Is it a Windows PC or some kind of NAS? Which version of NTLM is used there? All this is important.

First, try to do a simple search here on EcoStruxure IT on the phrase Permission denied (13) as I have in the screenshots:

Then:

Try these methods and solutions of a similar problem, that are described in the above topics.

I hope this helps you.

With respect.

P.S.: try to have the latest version of DCE software (now it is 7.5.0), as in different versions there can be some problems solved by simple software update 😀.

(CID:132664481)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Data Center Expert (DCE) 7.3.1 Backup failed <Permission denied (13)>

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-07-29

Dear Sergei Okhlopkov,

Tell us, please, did you solve your problem or not?

With respect.

(CID:132670109)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.