Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84312members
353473posts

DCO: How to search for breaker name?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCO: How to search for breaker name?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christian Riis on 2018-11-23

Is there a way to lookup (search for) the name of a breaker?

I've tried the navigation tree, the equipment browser, and the web client, but nothing comes up.

Any ideas?

(DCO 8.2.7)

(CID:136645395)

3 Replies 3
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO: How to search for breaker name?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2018-11-25

Hi Christian

I checked the latest offline 8.2.12 and also couldn't find a way to search for breaker name.  Couldn't see anything in the REST API either. 

Sounds like a feature request to me ....

But I tried 8.2.7 Export DB and found the Breaker Name in the configuration_item_power_path table in the pp_breaker_label column. 

So as far as i can quickly tell, best bet to achieve a "breaker name search capability" is to craft a breaker name web page, update nightly?, and search there.  A Custom Property will enable you to launch to this page from any DCO device (from either desktop or web clients) and the ci_id and ci_name in the same row will enable you to locate the asset with the Breaker name and craft a URL to launch directly to that asset (in the web client).

Also, the routine could also ensure the breaker page URL is added to every asset that has breakers, in the power path, even every asset, its up to you.

Sounds like an interesting job to me.

(CID:137103191)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCO: How to search for breaker name?

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Christian Riis on 2018-11-25

Thanks Ed, seems like you found a way to get to the breaker name 😉

(CID:137103444)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.