Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

DCE installation that is pulling Modbus from a Schneider EM3555.

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE installation that is pulling Modbus from a Schneider EM3555.

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Bill Lucnik on 2018-01-11

I'm looking for a successful DCE device installation that is pulling Modbus information from a Schneider EM3555 energy meter.

I used the DDF file from the support group but the data is incorrect. I created a custom DDF request using the known Modbus registers but it still pulls the incorrect data.

I used Modscan to identify the correct registers as well as the EM3555 web server for register discovery.

My EM3555 is communicating through a Schneider IFEE34B62 gateway.

(CID:128061457)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE installation that is pulling Modbus from a Schneider EM3555.

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-01-15

Dear Bill Lucnik,

I checked the Modbus register table from the ZL0093-0A.pdf below with registers from the Modbus DDF-file v.1 sent to me from Device Support (Schneider Electric/PowerLogic EM3555/Power Meter). Unfortunately, I did not find any matches, which means that the Modbus DDF-file is just wrong ☹️.

This is because instead of the Modbus DDF-file for the EM3555 I was sent a Modbus DDF-file for the EM3550. Probably, these power meters differ from each other.

Therefore, I very much recommend that you create a Request modification on the above specified page, as shown below:

I think this will be the most correct decision.

If there are more questions, please ask.

With respect.

(CID:128062142)

See Answer In Context

9 Replies 9
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-01-12

Dear Bill Lucnik,

I used the DDF file from the support group but the data is incorrect. I created a custom DDF request using the known Modbus registers but it still pulls the incorrect data.

Tell us, please, exactly, what is your version of the DDF-file for this power meter?

You tried downloading the latest DDF-file for this power meter from Device Support:

If you have not tried, then do I WANT IT TOO and within one business day you will be sent a web-link to download the DDF-file.

I hope this helps you.

With respect.

(CID:128061549)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Bill Lucnik on 2018-01-12

Thank you for your assistance.

(CID:128062217)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-01-12

Dear Bill Lucnik,

I used the DDF file from the support group but the data is incorrect.

Please specify which data is incorrect (for example, voltage, power, etc.).

Now on Device Support is available the v.1 Modbus DDF-file for the above specified power meter.

With respect.

(CID:128061606)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

None of the data was correct.

By modifying the DDF file that was supplied I was able to get it working correctly. In every instance where the DDF creator entered a modbus address (Example 86) I had to enter 40086 to get the correct value in DCE. In the calculations where there was a "float" entry I used "uint_32" to get it to work correctly.
Thanks,
Bill

(CID:128061757)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

For what it matters I had to refer to the SunSpec Register Blocks data sheets for the correct Modbus registers and I indicated this when I submitted the DDF request form.

(CID:128061758)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-01-15

Dear Bill Lucnik,

I checked the Modbus register table from the ZL0093-0A.pdf below with registers from the Modbus DDF-file v.1 sent to me from Device Support (Schneider Electric/PowerLogic EM3555/Power Meter). Unfortunately, I did not find any matches, which means that the Modbus DDF-file is just wrong ☹️.

This is because instead of the Modbus DDF-file for the EM3555 I was sent a Modbus DDF-file for the EM3550. Probably, these power meters differ from each other.

Therefore, I very much recommend that you create a Request modification on the above specified page, as shown below:

I think this will be the most correct decision.

With respect.

(CID:128062142)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-01-19

Dear Bill Lucnik,

By my request, the corresponding update request for Schneider Electric EM3555 was created. ETA for this DDF is 9th February 2018.

With respect.

(CID:128065035)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Bill Lucnik on 2018-01-19

I just uploaded my modified DDF version that works correctly with the Schneider EM3555 energy meter to the DCIM Help Center "My Device Request" conversation string to the attention of Ganga Rajagopal just in case this file needs to be certified by the DDF team before distribution.

Thanks,

Bill

(CID:128065353)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.