Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84805members
354262posts

DCE Report question for threshold line

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE Report question for threshold line

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Chu Li Wei on 2016-11-25

Hi Team ,

I got request from customer that they want the threshold line in our DCE report , for example , can we

set 2 KW as the threshold line in the rPDU report ? Please see the screenshot .

Or this function can fulfill on DCO insight ?

(CID:110006608)

4 Replies 4
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE Report question for threshold line

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Balaraman Jagadeesan on 2016-11-25

Hi Chu, 

As far as I know, DCE report does not have a feature of showing threshold line as shown in your screen shot. I think you may submit this feature request enhancement here.

I also let other community experts to suggest if there is any other option is available. 

Regards,

Bala

(CID:110006644)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2016-11-25

I believe Bala is correct.

You may be able to "twist" DCE into doing this.   You'll need a sensor with a constant value of whatever threshold they want, looks like 2000 (W) in your example.  If you can find a sensor that has that constant value then you should be able to add it to the graph.  Not sure how this will work though, seems a little flaky. 

Another option would be to use a virtual sensor (sum or avg) of several other sensors to get to the desired threshold, again perhaps flaky.

And then perhaps another option would be to run an SNMP agent, say on a PC, and set an OID to the desired value.  You'll then need a DDF for the agent.  Not too difficult all up, a few hours of engineering but I wonder how important this feature is to the customer.  I know the old UCD SNMP Agent had this capability.  Having set this threshold up for this purpose then it's easy to expnd to meet other similar requirement.  The DDF would most likely ned to chnage for each chnage to the agent.

And I suspect DCO Insight can do this if customer has it

Please let the form know how you go

Cheers

(CID:110006707)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Chu Li Wei on 2016-11-28

Hi Ed , Thanks for advise , our customer is a co-lo provider so that they need the the report for instant KW value , the threshold line is important for them because it can compare and pre-alarm . Customer had the insight module and maybe I need try this feature , thank you again . Best Regards

(CID:110006737)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.