Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84266members
353371posts

DCE Bandwidth Requirements

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

DCE Bandwidth Requirements

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Lai Yuan Jiun on 2017-12-18

We are looking into sizing the bandwidth to the DCE assuming a maximum of 4025 nodes per DCE.  Does anyone has any estimates for this?  The previous answers does not seem very helpful. Understandably, it is dependent on a number of factors, but can Schneider make some assumptions provide an estimate?  Thank you.

(CID:126882683)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE Bandwidth Requirements

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2017-12-18

Hello. In my experience the amount of bandwidth is trivial.  SNMP using UDP has little impact on the network.  I would be looking at

•  the polling load on the DCE wrt CPU ie poll less important devices less often
  • Especially the disk io in IOPS.  Polling is a high CPU disk intensive application and DCE is no exception. 

Get these two things right and you should be well placed.   You may find more on the site and of course if your organisation is very pedantic you can use wireshark is similar to prove to those who need proof

cheers 

(CID:126882705)

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: DCE Bandwidth Requirements

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2017-12-18

Hello. In my experience the amount of bandwidth is trivial.  SNMP using UDP has little impact on the network.  I would be looking at

•  the polling load on the DCE wrt CPU ie poll less important devices less often
  • Especially the disk io in IOPS.  Polling is a high CPU disk intensive application and DCE is no exception. 

Get these two things right and you should be well placed.   You may find more on the site and of course if your organisation is very pedantic you can use wireshark is similar to prove to those who need proof

cheers 

(CID:126882705)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.