Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84597members
353863posts

Can i Ping IP address inside DCE

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Can i Ping IP address inside DCE

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ali on 2016-03-01

Hi,

is there any way to ping IP's inside DCE..?

(CID:105467324)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Can i Ping IP address inside DCE

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Rana Ajmal on 2016-03-01

Hi Ali,

Try to use following steps:

ISX Central troubleshooting tools.

Issue: Troubleshooting tools for StruxureWare.
Product Line: InfraStruxure Central StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
Environment: All versions
Cause: troubleshooting issues such as connection and communications with devices or servers at times requires more tools than are available within the StruxureWare Client.
Resolution: The following tools can be used to troubleshoot ISX Central network related issues: This can be accessed directly from the above URL or simply by hitting the IP of the ISX Central in a browser, selecting the "View InfraStruXure Central Status" link, and then selecting troubleshoot network from the dropdown box.

(CID:105467377)

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2016-03-01

Ali, it is possible, having followed the link in web-GUI http://ip-addr-dce/nbc/status/Troubleshoot . User must be a DCE-administrator privilege.

(CID:105467359)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Rana Ajmal on 2016-03-01

Hi Ali,

Try to use following steps:

ISX Central troubleshooting tools.

Issue: Troubleshooting tools for StruxureWare.
Product Line: InfraStruxure Central StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
Environment: All versions
Cause: troubleshooting issues such as connection and communications with devices or servers at times requires more tools than are available within the StruxureWare Client.
Resolution: The following tools can be used to troubleshoot ISX Central network related issues: This can be accessed directly from the above URL or simply by hitting the IP of the ISX Central in a browser, selecting the "View InfraStruXure Central Status" link, and then selecting troubleshoot network from the dropdown box.

(CID:105467377)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Brady Burke on 2018-09-10

Does ISX Central come with DCE or DCO, or is it a separate tool?  If it is included with these two products, which is it and is there a desktop client component?

TIA

Never mind, I found it at the IP address of my DCE server.

Thank you.

(CID:134029472)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2018-09-11

Dear Brady Burke,

That's right: a set of software called ISX Central 7.0.0 was the latest software that actually combined two separate DCE and DCO servers. They also relied on two separate DCE and DCO clients. This software has long been out of date and is no longer supported by Schneider Electric support. This means, that if you ask for support for this software, you will be urged to update to the latest version of the DCE-7.5.0 server or DCO-8.2.7 server.

Currently, DCE software and DCO software are two independent software, that are supported separately and licensed separately. Here is what is written about this in Release Notes DCE v7.2.0.pdf:

If you have any more questions, please ask.

With respect.

(CID:134029579)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.