Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84649members
353989posts

Writing to M340 PLC over modbus tcp from Geo Scada?

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Joshdh
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Writing to M340 PLC over modbus tcp from Geo Scada?

Hi, I am really new to Geo Scada.

I have managed to read an analogue and digital address from an M340 plc over modbus tcp using the Modbus-Simple and Modbus-Advanced selection in geo scada and have it displayed in the HMI.

I am now trying to crate a basic push button that writes a bit back to the PLC over modbus tcp.

Can someone provide some guidance as to how to perform a modbus tcp write with Geo scada.

I would really appreciate any guidance.

Update: Got the analogue and digital write working. Still trying to get my head around stuff.

Thanks
Joshua

2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Writing to M340 PLC over modbus tcp from Geo Scada?

You could tell us how you got it working Josh 🙂

That way when someone else comes along looking for the same answer, they will see your question and the associated answer.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Joshdh
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Writing to M340 PLC over modbus tcp from Geo Scada?

Hi BevanWeiss,
Yes I did get it working and im planning to put some instructions together after I finish my current project.
I will make sure to add them to this post.