Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

How to send data of one point to another on one PC by IEC

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
Elik
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

How to send data of one point to another on one PC by IEC

Good day,

i know it's a very simple question and it makes with about dozen clicks, but i'm just started you learn GeoSCADA and i've got a problem
Can anyone describe me what should i do to send data of one point to another with IEC-104 using only one PC (GeoSCADA Expert 2019)

Sincerely regards.

Accepted Solutions
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: How to send data of one point to another on one PC by IEC

Do you have two outstations here, or are you just talking about a single outstation and the Geo SCADA Expert SCADA platform?

If you're trying to get two outstations to talk to each other, then you should NOT involve Geo SCADA Expert.

Have one be the master, and the other the slave in such a connection.

The master for the peer-to-peer communications in the situation above could still be a slave for the communications to Geo SCADA Expert.

If you're just communicating from Geo SCADA Expert to a single outstation, then you'd want to be using the IEC60870-5 objects (Channel, Outstation Set, Outstation) and then either an Analog Output or a Digital Output point configured to suit the IOA of the point on the outstation in question.   This will then provide the Control method to allow for changing the values.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Do you have two outstations here, or are you just talking about a single outstation and the Geo SCADA Expert SCADA platform?

If you're trying to get two outstations to talk to each other, then you should NOT involve Geo SCADA Expert.

Have one be the master, and the other the slave in such a connection.

The master for the peer-to-peer communications in the situation above could still be a slave for the communications to Geo SCADA Expert.

If you're just communicating from Geo SCADA Expert to a single outstation, then you'd want to be using the IEC60870-5 objects (Channel, Outstation Set, Outstation) and then either an Analog Output or a Digital Output point configured to suit the IOA of the point on the outstation in question.   This will then provide the Control method to allow for changing the values.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Elik
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Thank you very much! I did it.