Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84612members
353911posts

Virtual ViewX web server

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

AK2
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Virtual ViewX web server

Hello,

What is the maximum number of Virtual ViewX concurrent connections per one Virtual ViewX web server?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Virtual ViewX web server

It depends far too much for there to just be a fixed number.

@sbeadle did report a particular instance where he had 50 Virtual ViewX clients I believe (it was mentioned in the Exchange forum, so a search should reveal it).

But overall it will depend on what the server specifications are, in particular around graphics capability, and disk IO access. And the complexity of the mimics in use.

I believe the Installation Guide does have some guidance around this, but I doubt it would be targeted towards the maximum possible values.

Obviously licencing is a separate issue, you would need a licence for each connected client.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

@knebck's response is rubbish, and appears to be some 'robot speak'.  Nothing to see here...

All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

@klren's response is also rubbish, and appears to be some 'robot speak'.  Nothing to see here...