Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84649members
353989posts

Geo SCADA Expert SOAP authentication

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Geo SCADA Expert SOAP authentication

Hi all,

This is the first time that I've really NEEDed to use the SOAP interface, and hence need to also use some form of authentication with it.

I'm able to connect and issue basic queries following this guide

https://tprojects.schneider-electric.com/telemetry/display/public/CS/Using+SOAP+interface+to+connect...

However, this requires that 'Everyone' be given full read/browse permissions, and this won't fly in production.

I assume that with the SOAP interface it will be using some form of WS-Security, but based on previous experience with this, that can result in an awful lot of blind trial and error in configuring different options (i.e. does it want PasswordText, PasswordDigest, PasswordDigestExt, does it want encryption, does it need a Nonce, does it accept any ordering of these items, or must they be in a particular order, etc, etc, etc).

Annoyingly, if I supply Basic Authentication it appears to just ignore it, without raising a complaint telling me if it is wrong at all, but it just returns data as though the authentication failed.

@AdamWoodland  / @sbeadle  I'm hoping that either of you know the low level details.

I'm limited to javascript from an Android / iOS mobile device, so I really don't have a non-SOAP option.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

Accepted Solutions
AdamWoodland
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Geo SCADA Expert SOAP authentication

Not something I've dabbled in before, but looks like Steve has...

https://github.com/GeoSCADA/Node-Red-GeoSCADA/blob/master/GeoSCADA.js

Looks like some trickery going on with cookies.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
AdamWoodland
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Not something I've dabbled in before, but looks like Steve has...

https://github.com/GeoSCADA/Node-Red-GeoSCADA/blob/master/GeoSCADA.js

Looks like some trickery going on with cookies.

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

That does indeed look like the answer.
I'm going to need to spend some time to digest this I reckon...

I suspect there may be some additional 'hidden' SOAP actions also (Invoke isn't declared in the WSDL).

2021-04-07 11_11_04-GeoSCADA Expert 2020 Win2016 - VMware Workstation.png

But it looks like Invoke has a pretty 'wide' ability all the same, being able to call arbitrary methods on the COM interface it appears, by passing in the COM DispId.

xmlToSend += "<DispId>1398803523</DispId>\n";
xmlToSend += "<DispId>1129336836</DispId>\n";

Only going to be annoying trying to find what all the various DispIds are for the different interface methods.

And of course how to identify the appropriate Context (I'm not even sure what this Context 'means'.. like method vs put)

xmlToSend += "<Context>method</Context>\n";
xmlToSend += "<Context>put</Context>\n";

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..