Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84650members
353990posts

Resetting ViewX Options

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
tkswathik
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Resetting ViewX Options

Is there a way to reset the Guest user options in ViewX. I disabled every setting available to the guest user thinking it might not be needed and also enabled the "restricted workstation" option. I restarted ViewX and logged on ( i have admin privileges), all the explorer options are disabled and I all I can see is a blank viewX screen. The "options" field is disabled as well. I tried removing ViewX and re-installing it but it didn't reset the settings. 

Is there a config file or registry setting I can tweak to get this working?

Thanks

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Resetting ViewX Options

The 'Options' setting is a per-Windows-user setting, in the:
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Schneider Electric\ClearSCADA

path... I believe it's called "ViewX Global Settings.dat"

You could just close ViewX, delete that folder and start up ViewX again.  It should recreate it again from the 'Default' user profile if such a file exists there, or from the Schneider default otherwise.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

The 'Options' setting is a per-Windows-user setting, in the:
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Schneider Electric\ClearSCADA

path... I believe it's called "ViewX Global Settings.dat"

You could just close ViewX, delete that folder and start up ViewX again.  It should recreate it again from the 'Default' user profile if such a file exists there, or from the Schneider default otherwise.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Tags (1)
tkswathik
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

@BevanWeiss 

Thanks for the reply. It worked for me

Tags (1)