Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82537members
350143posts

Disabling System Status in ViewX

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

tkswathik
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Disabling System Status in ViewX

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the "System Status" button in ViewX. We want to allow read-only access to some users I would prefer not having to share system details such as Host names and port numbers.I couldnt find a setting in the user configuration that disables this button.

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock

Re: Disabling System Status in ViewX

It's quite a new 'feature', so it hasn't had much time to get these kind of tidy ups [EDIT: This is wrong, sorry, I was thinking of the Server Status, and Server Configuration 'shortcuts' in the Home ribbon... although a similar aspect relates to them..]

I'd recommend raising a feature request for this with your local Tech Support contact(s).

The port number bit is usually hidden if the user doesn't have 'permissions'.. this is from a guest account

2020-08-13 11_14_42-Clipboard.png

Which I think might relate to the 'Use Server Label', or might just be whether they have Diagnostics privileges on the root object.

If you have 'Use Server Label' then it won't show the hostname, but will instead just show the label that you've configured for the server.  I've never tried having all the servers the same (like SCADA).. I can't think why it wouldn't work..

I agree though, there are (many) situations where you'd want Guest users to essentially have no visibility at all into the number of servers, or their currently state, or when they changed state etc.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Tags (1)
tkswathik
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Disabling System Status in ViewX

Thank you. 

You are right, the IP address doesn't but the system name does. However I think the label might be used in other places such as the Server status under the standby section. I think the ID mentioned over there is the label provided in the Server configuration ( I am not sure), but if that is the case we just have to use some other names instead of using the actual hostname in the label field

Tags (1)