Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

[Imported] Pulling data from analogue point and save to csv file every 15min.

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

sbeadle
Janeway Janeway
Janeway
0 Likes

[Imported] Pulling data from analogue point and save to csv file every 15min.

>>Message imported from previous forum - Category:Scripts and Tips<<
User: mchartrand, originally posted: 2018-10-19 19:50:41 Id:161
This is a re-posting from the obsoleted (October 2018) "Schneider Electric Telemetry & SCADA" forum.

-------------------------------

**_jayyuen:
I'm sorta new to clearscada. but i want to know how to extract the data from a analogue point every 15min and save to a csv file.
i think i found some old topics, says that you need to write a VB Script._**

-------------------------------

JesseChamberlain:
You shouldn't need to, create a SQL export object and run the export method from a schedule.

**_jayyuen:
Like i said earlier. i'm quite new with clear scada.
i dont think the database in clear scada is linked to SQL in my case..
is it possible to write a ST script and get that certain analogue point data and save to csv ?_**

andrewscott:
The **SQL Export** object (see 'Create New / Other / SQL Export') isn't related to Microsoft SQL Server (or any other product), it's just a feature of ClearSCADA that allows you to run an SQL query and export the results to a CSV or TSV file on the server. The SQL query just needs to get the analogue point data that you require.

Combined with a schedule that triggers the export periodically will do what you asked.

______

**_jayyuen:
Finally got it working, thanks._**