Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

Events auto refresh

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

Solved
MikeEckert
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Events auto refresh

😁Hello,

I am inquiring about a way for the events screen to auto refresh. I currently for our operators run a WebX session that

refreshes every minute with the event screen and this works great. I could free up a WebX license if there is a way for

the ViewX events to refresh in the same manner. I appreciate your time and help on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Events auto refresh

This is primarily for performance reasons that it doesn't automatically update.

So you need to be mindful of performance if you 'force' it to refresh periodically.

Event Journal queries can be quite a lot of rows to scan through for the query filters, and they can return quite a lot of data (since they are text fields, they are very non-optimised).

As such, the easiest way to do this is to use an animation expression for the embedded list SQL.  If this animation is something like

'SELECT RecordId, RecordTime, Severity, Message FROM CDBEventJournal WHERE RecordTime > [TIME THING] AND ' + IFF( "System.Time.Seconds" MOD 10 = 0, 'TRUE', '1=1')'

Then the query will be changed every so often, and will be re-executed.  You would need to have a point which is triggering subscription updates (for System.Time.Seconds).

I can't recall if the SQL string itself has to change... or if the animation being triggered by a value change is enough.. but to avoid potential future optimizations I'd change the SQL query string (like above... which is untested) 

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Events auto refresh

This is primarily for performance reasons that it doesn't automatically update.

So you need to be mindful of performance if you 'force' it to refresh periodically.

Event Journal queries can be quite a lot of rows to scan through for the query filters, and they can return quite a lot of data (since they are text fields, they are very non-optimised).

As such, the easiest way to do this is to use an animation expression for the embedded list SQL.  If this animation is something like

'SELECT RecordId, RecordTime, Severity, Message FROM CDBEventJournal WHERE RecordTime > [TIME THING] AND ' + IFF( "System.Time.Seconds" MOD 10 = 0, 'TRUE', '1=1')'

Then the query will be changed every so often, and will be re-executed.  You would need to have a point which is triggering subscription updates (for System.Time.Seconds).

I can't recall if the SQL string itself has to change... or if the animation being triggered by a value change is enough.. but to avoid potential future optimizations I'd change the SQL query string (like above... which is untested) 

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..