Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353348posts

Alarms List Map Display

EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert Forum

Find out how SCADA systems and networks, like EcoStruxure Geo SCADA Expert, help industrial organizations maintaining efficiency, processing data for smarter decision making with IoT, RTU and PLC devices.

jcuppy
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Alarms List Map Display

Hi All

Wondering if anyone knows of a simple way to have all alarms from the alarm list view display on a map?

7 Replies 7
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Re: Alarms List Map Display

You'll have to provide some more details for me.

Alarm List = tabular data

Map = geospatial 2D graphical data

So how would you envisage this 'display' to look?

Do you want a table embedded in the map?  Do you want dots indicating the locations of alarms?  Do you want a plane flying across the map carrying a banner which is a scrolling list of the items in the alarm list?

The embedded list, not 'really' possible... you can customise the tooltip, so you could put something like a table in the tooltip, but it would only display when hovering over the location that the tooltip is associated with.

You can have sites shown on the map with a colour indicating something about the alarms... like severity, or number of.. or however else you want to write the SQL to transform data -> colour / flashy-ness

You can have something of a combination of these... which is what I've done so far... sites coloured based on alarm severity, and tooltip which shows some additional alarm details (like highest severity label, and acknowledgement state).  The tooltip itself doesn't seem well suited to large volumes of text, so I avoided trying to jam a whole list of alarms on a site in there.

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
jcuppy
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Lol. Yea looking to display the location of the alarms. We have figured out how to display the location of alarms thru display on map but looking for how to make all alarms display on the map. 

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

The way that I've done map displays is:

* CGroup (well CTemplateInstance really) for the sites is where the location is defined

* CGroup also has some properties for AlarmSeverity and AlarmState... this is like a rollup of all alarms under that particular Group, so it's normally enough information.  Then I just match the colour of the Alarm Severity, using the CSeverity table and display the site symbol using that.

* The tooltip will then just show the AlarmSeverityDesc and AlarmStateDesc, possibly even getting down to the Ack/Unack details.. but normally not.

All of those items get defined in the user query associated with that map layer, and I'll have a different map layer for the different site types (Water / Sewer, or Pump Station / Tank / etc.. it really depends on how many variants there are of each, since there is a very low number of unique symbols available currently)

All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
jcuppy
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Would you be willing to share query.  That's what been trying but not having any luck.

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

I suspect my exact query won't be of much help to you... but as requested

No warranty provided.  It's got a few system specific items in it, and isn't a well polished example, there were a lot of nice ideas that got pulled out because of 'bugs' in the Geo SCADA Expert mapping display (where the help says that it supports CSS styles, but at the time it did not)

SELECT FULLNAME,
OBJECTLINK,
NAME || '<br/>'||
'<br/>Severity: ' || AlarmSeverityDesc ||
'<br/>State: ' || AlarmStateDesc ||
CASE
  WHEN LEVEL.CurrentValueFormatted = '' THEN ''
  ELSE COALESCE( '<br/>Level: ' || LEVEL.CurrentValueFormatted, '')
END
AS "TOOLTIP", 
GISLOCATION->LATITUDE, 
GISLOCATION->LONGITUDE,
CASE
  WHEN AlarmState=4 THEN S.ColAlarmListUnacc
  WHEN AlarmState=2 THEN S.ColAlarmListAcc
  WHEN AlarmState=3 THEN S.ColAlarmListCleared
  ELSE 
    CASE 
      WHEN RUN.Running>1 THEN 255 + 255*256 + 255*256*256
      ELSE 163 + 163*256 + 163*256*256
    END
END AS Foreground,
186 + 141*256 + 92*256*256 AS Background,
CASE
  WHEN AlarmState=4 THEN S.FlashAlarmListUnacc
  WHEN AlarmState=2 THEN S.FlashAlarmListAcc
  WHEN AlarmState=3 THEN S.FlashAlarmListCleared
  ELSE FALSE
END as Blink,
LEVEL.CurrentValueAsReal As Level,
AlarmState,
AlarmSeverity,
AlarmSetCount, 
AlarmAcceptedCount, 
AlarmClearedCount
FROM CGROUP G
LEFT OUTER JOIN
(
	SELECT ParentGroupId->ParentGroupId->ParentGroupId As "SiteId", MAX(CurrentValueAsInteger) AS Running
	FROM CDBPoint
	WHERE Name = 'Running'
	AND ParentGroupId->Name LIKE 'Pump %'
	GROUP BY "SiteId"
) AS RUN ON RUN."SiteId" = G.ID
LEFT OUTER JOIN
(
  SELECT DISTINCT
    PARENTGROUPID->PARENTGROUPID->PARENTGROUPID AS "SiteId",
    CURRENTVALUEFORMATTED,
    CURRENTVALUEASREAL
  FROM CDBPOINT
  WHERE NAME = 'Level'
    AND ( PARENTGROUPID->NAME LIKE 'Wet Well%' )
) AS LEVEL ON LEVEL."SiteId" = G.ID
LEFT OUTER JOIN
CSEVERITY AS S
ON G.AlarmSeverity = S.Priority
WHERE FullName LIKE 'Sewer.%'
AND GISLocationSource=True
ORDER BY AlarmSetCount ASC, AlarmAcceptedCount ASC, AlarmClearedCount ASC, Level ASC

This was only on a small system, I expect with hundreds/thousands of sites, the query performance may have been excessive.

JChamberlain
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

If you're on an older version you might not have seen the latest Help documentation for this, it's now quite good with a few examples.

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

Good reference Jesse.

It would be nice if the first example could be expanded to include the reference to the CSeverity table to get the real configured alarm severity colours etc. 

This "<br>Highest_Severity:_" also seems a bit misleading, like it's suggesting the ' ' (space) character is not valid in the HTML string.