Proper handling and preparation of existing .vsd files help eliminate the crashing and lockup of the Visio application.
EcoStruxure Building Operation, TAC IA Series
- Workplace Tech Editor EcoStruxure 1.9.x - 3.2.3
- Workplace Tech 5.9.1 - 5.9.4
- Visio 2013, Visio 2016
- Note: This does not apply to Workplace Tech Editor EBO 2022 (and newer) and Workplace Tech 5.10.x
The product is affected by the version of Visio in use as well as the file size and unused objects in the drawing.
- When using Workplace Tech 5.9.x with Visio 2013 or 2016, the file has to be opened in "Compatibility Mode." DO NOT CONVERT.
- While the .vsd file is open in Visio, not in Workplace Tech, use the "Reduce File Size" option and select the boxes in Illustrations 1&2.
- In Visio 2016, after opening the "Inspect Diagram," (Illustration 3), select the first 3 boxes in the "Reduce File Size" option (Illustration 4).
- Save the file for use in the Workplace Tech Project or to be imported into your AS-P as a .vsd. Add the "cleaned" file to your project or import it to Workplace Tech Editor. Make sure the Visio 2013 or 2016 is at the most recent version and build. You can find this under the file/account/About Visio. If Version 1802 is available in your Microsoft Office update Channel, use it. Version 1801 was used in testing. For Visio 2013 Build 15.0.4971.1000 MSO 15.0.5007.1000 was tested (Illustration 5)