Unable to log in to Web Client. After filling in the username and password and clicking "Sign In" the Sign In box disappears and the Username, Password, and Language Box are shown.
EcoStruxure Security Expert
- Security Expert Server
- Security Expert Web Client
- Security Expert SOAP
Configuration issues are usually related to a mismatch between SOAP and Web Client security settings.
Commonly this problem is resolved after re-installing SOAP and Web Client then rebooting the machine. If this does not resolve the problem then continue to check the below troubleshooting steps and gather information for support if those steps do not resolve the problem.
- Is everything on one machine or are the various components spread across a number of machines?
- If so, where is SQL, Security Expert Server, SOAP, Web Client, and Security Expert Client installed?
- If different machines, provide these details to support, which components are on each and what Operating System (OS) is installed.
- Are you using the HTTP connection for SOAP or HTTPS?
- If HTTPS and SOAP are on the same machine as Web Client then try using the HTTP port.
- Either re-install SOAP and Web Client using the HTTP option instead of or:
- Browse to the soap.connect.php located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SecurityExpertWebClient\include.
- Edit it using e.g. Notepad and change HTTPS to HTTP and change the port to 8030 so the Web Client uses HTTP to communicate with the SOAP service.
- Then in IIS Manager restart the SecurityExpert and SecurityExpertWeb services.
- If a hardware or software firewall is being used, test the connection without these enabled.
- If Chrome is the browser being used then test with another browser such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox.
- Confirm that all Security Expert services are running and started.
- Confirm the SOAP prerequisites have been installed for your Operating System (OS). See the Enabling the Required Windows Features section in the SX-SOAP Security Expert - SOAP Service - Installation Guide. In this document, there is a heading with instructions for each supported OS.
- Confirm that a Windows local admin user has been used to install all components. If in doubt, re-install Security Expert, then SOAP, then Web Client.
- Confirm if Security Expert was installed with Windows Authentication selected, if so then SOAP will need to have this option enabled as well during its installation. Determining Security Expert authentication settings after installation
- Confirm that you have adequate concurrent client licenses available on your Security Expert license. SOAP uses one of these when connecting to the Data service and if none are available the SOAP connection will fail. See Unable to log in to Security Expert Web Client - 'Too Many Connections'
- The Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable Package is a requisite install for Web Client. Web Client installs this as part of the setup, confirm that this was installed.
- Check the Windows Event Logs for Security Expert errors. Open Windows Event Viewer:
- browse to Windows Logs > Application. Review logs and save all events to file. Provide this to Product Support if raising a support case.
- browse to Applications and Services Logs > Schneider Electric Security Expert. Review logs and save all events to file. Provide this to Product Support if raising a support case.
- Reboot machine after re-installation of SOAP or Web Client.
- If SOAP was re-installed then also re-install Web Client.
Please provide findings and responses to the above steps through to your local support channel for additional assistance should the problem continue.