Security Expert Data Service fails to start with error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly
Security Expert Server
- Port used by the service is blocked or already in use
- Permission issues with the service logon account
- In Windows Event Viewer, examine the Application log, it will typically have an entry with details about the reason for the error.In this case, we see an Address Already In Use Exception in the Socket Connection Listener. This is a clue the error is with the network port. The Security Expert data service has been configured to use the default port 8000
- On the server, list the network ports using netstat
We can see PID 5660 is already using the port
- Get the name of service associated with PID 5660
- Once the service is identified, take corrective steps to ensure the two services don't use the same port.
- Make sure the Windows account the service is using to log on has the appropriate permissions.
- If port 8000 isn't being used, first Reboot the SX PC and if the error still persists, Uninstall SX, Reboot and Reinstall.