In EcoStruxure Building Operation (EBO) version 3.1 and later the password reset function have changed, how does it work, and what is changed from before?
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Automation Server
- Building Operation Project Configuration Tool (PCT)
The changes have been done due to cybersecurity issues. The basic workflow is the same as before but the generation of the reset token has changed.
The session ID is unique for each session of WorkStation. You cannot close WorkStation until the password has been reset. If you close WorkStation, before the password has been reset, a new session ID is generated that cannot be used with the temporary password provided by your local Schneider Electric Buildings support team. See online help topic: Copying the Session ID when Resetting the Password
To get a password reset token in version 3.1 and later you need to set the server in password reset mode(valid 24 hours)
- For Automation Server(AS, AS-P, AS-B) this is done using the Device Administrator(DA), a USB connection is required between the computer and the server
- For the Enterprise Server(ES) administrator privileges on the PC where the ES is installed are required. The ES is set in password recovery mode using the DA, the DA needs to be started as an administrator.
- For the virtual server environment, Project Configuration Tool (PCT) tool is used.
For detailed information please see the video: