Values in EBO from a PM5000 series energy meter do not update
EcoStruxure Building Operation, Field Devices
- Building Operation Server
- PM5000 series energy meter
The EBO trace log shows a lot of BACnet related error messages, such as:
nsp.pin.BACnet.VariableProperty Subscription to ~/BACnet Interface/IP Network/PM 5340/Application/THD Current - Ph G attempted COV, but will POLL due to BACnet error: 0x00030013 (resources,no_space_to_add_list_element)
This error indicates that a Change of Value (COV) subscription is being attempted but has failed. This is due to a resource issue with the device, i.e., error class 0x0003 from error code 0x00030013. The error is no space to write property (0013 part) which suggests the subscription limit of the device has been reached. Refer to the Decoding BACnet Errors Knowledge Base article for further information on decoding the error code.
Reviewing the PM5300 series user manual reveals that the device only supports 20 COV subscriptions.
- Remove BACnet objects that are not required in EBO, it is unlikely that fewer than 20 values will be practical.
- Disable COV for the device in EBO. This can be done via the service_blacklist as noted in the BACnet RULES implementation to disable features such as readPropertyMultiple, COVs etc How to disabl... The following is an example service_blacklist for the PM3450
<blacklist> <rule> <vendor>10</vendor> <model>PM5340</model> <no-cov/> <no-rpm/> </rule> </blacklist>
- Polling can put an unintended load on the polling device and the polled device. The polling intervals should be adjusted using the settings on the BACnet Interface. This is available from BACnet Interface -> Properties -> Advanced and scroll all the way to the bottom as shown below for an ES. If looking at the option for an Automation Server it will also have additional options for the RS485 communication ports. Minimum polling intervals in the range of 5,000 to 10,000ms are a good starting point.