This condition will arise after successfully installing and running Project Configuration Tool for some time. PCT can no longer initialize the virtual host adapter as a result of the adapter being deleted or removed.
The errors may be a result of but not limited to:
- Introducing a new VPN software package to your PC/Laptop.
- Manually removing or modifying the Virtual Box Host Only - Network Adapter.
- Malware or Antivirus platforms that have removed or disabled the adapter.
PCT Version - 184.108.40.206 Local mode was set up on a physical laptop and used to offline engineer a project. The job was completed and PCT was not used again for roughly a month.
A new project was sold and required PCT for offline engineering. The laptop was booted up and PCT failed to open. The user was presented with the following errors:
- "Get System State Command: 'Could not connect' "
- "Get predefined properties command: 'Could not connect' "
- "GetDashboardErrors Command: 'Could not connect' "
- "Get System Memory info Command: 'Could not connect' "
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Windows Client versions (64 Bit Only)
- Windows Server versions (64 Bit Only)
- PCT SERVER versions (64 Bit OS Only)
- SBO Project Configuration Tool - All versions
PCT can no longer initialize the virtual host adapter as a result of the Vbox adapter being deleted or removed.
Reinstall PCT on top of your current installation. Your projects will not be modified in the process.
- Locate the installer.
- Run the installer, it will ask you to remove the previous version. Press ok.
- Progress will show as uninstalling.
- PCT will prompt for installation. Click Next.
- Select default installation paths. Click Next.
- Select desired PCT mode. Click next.
- Ready to Install selected mode. Click Next.
- PCT software installed. Click Finish.
- Now PCT will set up the Virtual Host Adapter. Press Ok.
- Status bar.
- Compted setup dialog. Click Ok.
- Run PCT. If successful you will see the template sets getting installed via the top right of the window.
- Open a project and test an AS/AS-P.
If the above steps do not work, here are a few more to try:
- Restart the machine after the PCT software finishes re-installing
- Right-click and select “Run as Administrator”
- Uninstall PCT software and Oracle VirtualBox and re-install once more
If PCT still will not work, please open a support case with your local Product Support Group.