A Niagara G3 server station was running well for a long time. Then in a matter of a couple of days, the station began failing to run. The error listed in the Application Director Output is:
ERROR [java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
13:46:17 20-Mar-14 EDTjava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded][sys.leasejava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded] Error in run
TAC IA Series
I/A Series G3 Enterprise Server
- There is not enough memory allocated to the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- The email service is keeping a very large outbox because the network email server's IP address was changed.
Increase the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory allocation
- Using a text editor, open the nre.properties file (located in the niagara 'lib' subfolder on the server hard drive).
- Locate the line: java.options=-Xmx256M.
- Change it to java.options=-Xmx512M.
Empty the outbox file (i.e. delete it) and/or update the email server's IP address.