Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
- Not possible to see live values in a Xenta 700 Menta program from web interface or TAC Vista
- Can't see Menta online values in Xenta Server Control Applications graphical view
- The Menta application displays fine, but it's not possible to see the live values (true/false et c)
- Xenta 731
- Xenta 711
- Xenta 721
- Xenta 701
This is an uncommon error and the cause is not known, however it may occur when copying a HFB block within or between X700 Menta applications.
- In the Xbuilder projects folder, find the file [project name]\TargetImage\configdb\menta\mentablocks.xml and open it in Internet Explorer.
- Search for Menta blocks that have CodIndex='0' and note (copy) the GUID of those (for example 3C02F735-E375-45d0-99A8-6CFC402DE5D0).
- Now open the file [project name].xbp518 (in the project's root folder) with notepad or similar and search for these GUID(s). Note the Menta block(s) name (before the GUID) and the menta block type (just after the GUID), for example HFDI.
- Close all previously opened files (no save).
- Open the Xbuilder project normally, and open/edit the troublesome MTA. Search for the menta block(s) name and check that it also is the same block type (most likely a HFB block), then delete it.
- Create the block again with the same name (no copying from similar blocks!).
- Save and download the project to the X700.
- Now it should work fine viewing the live values in Control Applications. If still same issue, redo step 1-7, there may be other blocks with CodIndex='0'.
Note: If you can't see the Menta application at all it's likely a different error, see Can't see the Xenta Server Menta program online in the browser.