When attempting to run standalone WorkPlace Tech the following message is displayed.
After attempting to launch Microsoft Office Visio, WorkPlace Tech was unable to access Visio functionality.
TAC IA Series
- Workplace Tech version 5.8.X and 5.9.X
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 2016
- Microsoft Visio 2010 and 2013
Other versions of Office and Visio may apply. These have known issues corrected by this procedure
A non-approved version of Microsoft Visio (Visio 2013/2016) was installed.
Microsoft Visio 2013/2016 was uninstalled and replaced with Microsoft Visio 2010 SP2.
It is suspected that the uninstall of Microsoft Visio 2013/2016 left behind files causing this issue.
Uninstall Workplace Tech, Visio 2010 SP2, and Office 2013 and reinstall the software in the following order:
- Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 2016
- Microsoft Visio 2010 SP2
- Workplace Tech 5.8.X or WPT 5.9.X
Run Visio standalone, shut it down, and then run WorkPlace Tech.