Need to verify Network Time Protocol (NTP) server is running/listening on IP or DNS address.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Automation Server
Automation Servers require valid local or internet NTP servers for accurate timekeeping.
Check an NTP server using this command at the Windows Command Prompt:
w32tm /stripchart /computer:<IP Address> /dataonly /samples:5
Substitute the DNS name or IP you want to test for <IP Address>.
- Windows machine must be on the primary ethernet network, as Automation Server's secondary IP Port will not route NTP traffic.
- Connected to site VPN may or may not perform as expected based on VPN Configuration for the site. One can always remote desktop the Enterprise Server and run Command Prompt to check locally.
- If the Enterprise Server is configured in a Virtual Environment or on a separate subnet from the Automation Servers, then Enterprise Server Gateway may be an NTP server, so one change to check that IP address using this method.
Examples of Success
First screenshot is local Enterprise Server running Meinburg NTP server. Second screenshot is an internet NTP server.
Example of Failure
Screenshot is local Enterprise Server gateway that is NOT running an NTP Server.