If the PC is shut down or rebooted, Vista Server can be configured to run automatically on startup of the PC. This is not the same as running Vista Server as a service (for information on that, please see Registering/Unregistering TAC Vista Server as a Windows service). The server still runs as an application, but starts once at Windows Startup.
- Microsoft Windows
- Vista Server
In the event of a power loss or reboot, the Vista Server will start automatically for the user, which enables trending and event logging, without requiring a manual start of the application.
These instructions are tailored to the Windows 7 environment, but the process is very similar in all Windows versions (add a shortcut to the application to the Windows Startup folder):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\TAC Vista 5.1.X
- In that folder, locate Tacos.exe
- Right-click on Tacos.exe and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)
This will place a shortcut on the desktop to be used in a later step.
- Click on Start > All Programs
- Locate the folder called Startup
- Right-click on Startup and select Open all users
This will open a Windows Explorer window to the appropriate folder
- Drag and drop the Tacos.exe shortcut from the Desktop to this folder